Deane & McLoughlin

BLOG D&M LINKS CONTACT


Kura: The greatest little Japanese Diner

Tuesday, August 18, 2009





When I stepped out of my office building today in search of lunch, I had no idea that I would stumble upon what has seriously got to be the greatest little Japanese place in Sydney. When I say little, I mean the entire restaurant, including the kitchen is no bigger than my bedroom. Somehow it manages to accomodate approx 5 staff and around 12 seated customers should they wish to eat in. I feel a bit like I walked into a polly pocket, and not just because I'm 6'2 in heels. Despite the small area, they deliver big on flavour and value. I paid $8.90 for the Chicken Karaage with rice (comes with salad AND miso soup) and for someone who is usually left hungry after eating lunch, I was completely satisfied! The Karaage itself was crispy and flavoursome and the rice - perfectly sticky and hot. Don't let the 'hole in the wall' exterior put you off, you really have to try this place, it won't leave you disappointed! I'll be going back for lunch tomorrow.

Details:
Kura Japanese Restaurant
3/76 Ultimo Rd Haymarket NSW 2000 -
(02) 9212 5661
Open Mon-Sat 11am-10:30pm;
Sun 11am-9:30pm

Caity xx
(Thanks to grabyourfork.blogspot.com for the images!)

No comments: