Deane & McLoughlin

BLOG D&M LINKS CONTACT


A MARVELOUS FIND

Tuesday, September 15, 2009



Leaving packing to the last minute is never a good idea. For me, it meant I left my cleanser and toner at home along with my beautiful Aesop facial mist that I bought especially for my 9 hour flight to Japan. My skin was so dried out and gross that I was prepared to walk into the nearest cosmetic shop in search of relief. Luckily, the first place I came across happened to be The Body Shop and I found a neat little travel pack containing an algae and seaweed line cleanser, toner, mattifying day cream and night treatment serum. To be honest, I didn't expect fireworks - just a little soothing relief. In reality, I probably couldn't have found a more appropriate and awesome product! The cleanser was soooooo good and left my skin wonderfully clean and refreshed. The toner was cooling (it was ridiculously hot and humid in Japan) and, as promised, was the perfect base for the light and fast absorbing mattifying day cream. I was so impressed! I also used the night treatment serum, but again, it was very light and fast absorbing and I generally like to feel a bit more substance, weight, thickness - I'm sure you know what I'm geting at - in a night treatment. The stars of the show were most certainly the cleanser and toner and I would definitely buy them again during the humid summer months ahead.
I highly recommend!


No comments: