Deane & McLoughlin

BLOG D&M LINKS CONTACT


Beauty Kit - continued...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009


Chanel - Brilliant Levres (68) Sheer luxe to the max. Goes on oh so nicely. Matches everything in my wardrobe. I will be stocking up when I finish this tube, although it has lasted me almost 6 months now. This may have something to do with the fact that I have almost as many lip-glosses as Laura though. Won't stay on all day, but will ake your lips utterly irresistible.

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream
The only ingredients in this waxy product are olive oil, bees wax, honey, pollen, royal jelly and propolis extract. Who ever knew such a simple product had so many uses? If I could only take two beauty items with me to a deserted island, this would be one of them (the other would be 30+ sunscreen). Yes, it's thick and waxy (think slightly harder vaseline) but really is a cure all. I slather this all over (especially arms and legs) after showering - usually before jumping into bed and by morning it's soaked in. This is the stuff they use on models in photo shoots to make them look uber shiny and works perfectly as a shimmer/highlighter on the face. I even use Egyptian magic on my hair as an overnight mask. I'll melt a bit in between my hands until it turns into an oil and then coat my hair. Wrap in a towel and thoroughly wash out in the morning. Thank you ancient Egyptians, thank you bees.


Guerlain Aqua Allegoria - Pivoine Magnifica MMmmmmmmmmmmm violets, peonies and pink grapefruit. My favourite citrus fragrance. A little goes a long way, careful not to spray too much!

L'Occitane, Hand Cream (enriched with 20% Shea Butter): for dry skin.
Beautiful to use every day - especially on dry hands in winter. I keep this one in my top drawer at work.

Natio Nail Colour (Mystic) A cheapy, but a goody. Colour is rich and intensifies with a second coat. Will last the week if coated with Sally Hansen Hard As Nails. I've had this bottle for almost 4 months and it hasn't glugged or caked in the bottle. Very happy.

Nivea Sun Light Feel Daily Face Veil (SPF 30+) For a 30 strength sun screen I was thrilled to find that it really does have a barely-there feel. I put it on over moisturiser, under make-up. A little bottle goes a long way. And EVERYONE needs a 30+ sunscreen. Especially one that won't cause your make up to slide off in the sun.

Sally Hansen Lip Inflation (Clear) If you want to really feel a product work on your lips, SHLI is for you. A fairly generous application (recommended) will make your lips super cold and tingly (and presumably bigger looking). With a stickier than normal consistency it's perfect for glam occasions but not for windy days (your hair WILL stick to your face). Boyfriend alert - he probably won't like the stickyness or tinglyness transfered to his own lips. Don't take it to the beach either, unless you like crunching sand.

St. Ives Apricot Srub
I purchased this gentle facial scrub when in a rush and strapped for cash, but I have to say it's one of my more successful impulse buys. The first thing I love about this product is that it's gentle enough to use on my skin every second day but still sloughs off my dead winter skin cells effectively. The second thing I love about this scrub is the smell - so good I double it up as an all over body scrub.

The Body Shop - Natures Minerals Eye Shadow (02 - Radient Graphite)
Yes, minerals in make up products are all the rage right now, but that isn't what made me buy this product. Being a super fine powder means you can apply a sheer dusting for day wear or pat it on a bit heavier for night wear. It has sparkle but not in the sense that you'll look like you're on your way to a year 9 disco.

And finally...

Tweezerman Tweezers
An absolute beauty must have. Careful - these WILL hurt you and MAY scar you should you accidentally stab yourself in the face in excitement for the fact that these will pluck even the thinnest, shortest hairs (yep including brow stubble regrowth). You're not supposed to tweeze in between waxes but I say you can get away with it if you use these.

C. x

No comments: