Deane & McLoughlin

BLOG D&M LINKS CONTACT


Daphne Guiness and her veils

Wednesday, February 24, 2010




"I started wearing veils like four weeks ago. It's great. It's less pretentious than sunglasses, but it's just like you don't have to wear any makeup, all you have to do is tie a piece of tulle around your head." 

 "It gives you that slight distance from things. Everything's a bit grainy, like a super-eight film. Sunglasses are great, but I always feel a bit pretentious wearing sunglasses. I mean, I do love to wear them. It's very funny because another friend of mine completely independently said, 'Oh my God, I've been going through a veil thing, too.'''

Maybe she does it to try to be unpretentious, however I think she is trying to play the widow card with Lee McQueen. 


Daphne Guiness and David Lachapelle at a NYFW afterparty 

Would you do the veil?
This is actually one of my favourite photos from NYFW.  It looks like she needs a good feed

L x


No comments: