Deane & McLoughlin

BLOG D&M LINKS CONTACT


Trio

Sunday, December 20, 2009


This week I had the best scrambled eggs of my entire life, at a little Bondi beachside cafe called Trio. I ordered the 'Boss' eggs (Scrambled with fetta and truffle oil, side of avocado, lemon, prosciutto and sourdough) with some trepidation, although I was hungry and it did sound good (if not a little too good to be true). To my utter delight, the eggs were moist but firm with gooey bits of fetta, the truffle oil definitely apparent but not overpowering the taste of the free range eggs. The prosciutto was salty and delicious and the avocado fresh and buttery. What a delight! If I wasn't about to do a 12km walk straight after breakfast I may have been tempted to order a second round. My companions ordered the 'Breakfast Sundae' (strawberries, banana and toasted muesli swirled with yoghurt and honey) and Eggs Benedict (florentine) - both equally satisfying. I can't wait to go back and try the mango and lime buttermilk pancakes (served with strawberries, lemon curd and couble cream), which I hear are supreme. It's a bit pricey as far as breakfast goes but entirely worth it. I highly recommend. Oh, did I mention the view?


Breakfast Sundae


Boss Eggs (I requested wholemeal over sourdough)

C. x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is only one word to describe the sensation - YUM!